CHAPTER 38 - - RECYCLING38.1 SECTION 1: PURPOSE AND SCOPE
(1) Owners or designated agents of multiple--family dwellings shall do all of the following to recycle the materials specified in this section.
(a) Provide adequate, separate containers for the recyclable materials.
(b) Notify tenants in writing at the time of renting or leasing the dwelling and at least semiannually thereafter about the established recycling program.
(c) Provide for the collection of the materials separated from the solid waste by the tenants and the delivery of the materials to a recycling facility.
(d) Notify tenants of reasons to reduce and recycle solid waste, which materials are collected, how to prepare the materials in order to meet the processing requirements, collection methods or sites, locations and hours of operation, and a contact person or company, including name, address and telephone number.
(2) The requirements specified in (1) do not apply to the owners or designated agents of multiple-family dwellings or designated agents of non--residential facilities and properties if the postconsumer waste generated within the dwelling is treated at a processing facility licensed by the Department of Natural Resources that recovers for recycling the materials specified in this section and section 38.4.3 from solid waste in as pure a form as is technically feasible.
(1) Lead acid batteriesm
(2) Major appliances
(3) Waste oil
(4) Yard waste
(5) Aluminum containers
(6) Bi-metal containers
(7) Corrugated paper or other container board
(8) Foam polystyrene packaging
(9) Glass containers
(12) Office paper
(13) Rigid plastic containers made of PETE, HDPE, PVC, LDPE, PP, PS, and other resins or multiple resins.
(14) Steel containers
(15) Waste tires
(16) Scrap metals
(a) The Red Cliff Recycling site shall not accept any solid waste material or non--recyclable material.
(b) No person shall dispose of recyclables at any designated collection site except during established operating hours.
(c) No person shall dispose of recyclable material through solid waste disposal.
(d) Recyclables shall only be disposed of through roadside pick--up or dropped off at a recycling transfer station during established operating hours.
(e) Vehicle batteries shall be properly disposed of at a business that accepts them.
(f) It shall be illegal to salvage/scavenge any waste materials except by permit).
(g) It shall be illegal to hunt wild animals within 100 yards of the Red Cliff Recycling site.